Related industry articles on covered call strategies:
12/16/08 Wall Street Journal article on covered calls
11/06/08 Barron's article on covered calls
The current market environment is challenging to say the least. Many advisors are at a loss for how to counsel their clients during this period of heightened volatility and fear, concerned that any move they make might be the wrong one. Among the options they consider:
And yet there is a way to take advantage of this historically high volatility (as measured by the VIX index) - Employing Covered Call Strategies . With our Covered Call Strategies , we can work with your client's existing portfolio and provide enhanced cash flow through the generation of option premiums. These premiums can:
- Sell now to stop the losses - with the worry that this may be the bottom and they miss the upside.
- Add to positions - with the worry that we might not yet be at a bottom and their clients question their judgment.
- Do nothing - and hope things "work themselves out"
Unlike other strategies, our Covered Call Strategies allow your clients to take advantage of the current market volatility, without the need to liquate current stock positions. Our strategies can be applied to a single concentrated position or across an entire equity portfolio. For more information on how these strategies might work for you and your clients, please contact us at 1-800-225-8778.
- Provide cash flow to your client
- Offset capital losses
- Mitigate overall volatility in your client's portfolio